<$BlogRSDURL$>

Random notes from yet another Finnish nerd. This blog reflects mostly my life with computers and stuff, rather than my real life.

March 07, 2005

TightVNC & SSH 

Tried ssh tunneled TightVNC session from Win32 to Debian Linux server today. Getting it up and running was straight-forward:

I figured out some of these details after reading this article.
I also installed Debian package icewm and patched ~/.vnc/xstartup to start icewm. Desktop size can be forced by entering a $geometry entry in /etc/vnc.conf.


Biggest benefits of TightVNC over remove X sessions seem to be lower bandwith requirements and the ability to disconnect session.
Comments:
Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you
know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure
why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Look at my website: quantrim guarantee
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?