Random notes from yet another Finnish nerd. This blog reflects mostly my life with computers and stuff, rather than my real life.
May 06, 2004
I just went through configuring Mozilla on Debian to use MS Arial Unicode (included in e.g. Office) as font for UTF-8 encoded web pages. What I did was something like this:
- Copy file ARIALUNI.TTF from c:\WINNT\Fonts to /tmp/fonts on the Linux side
- Install debian package ttf-commercial and type /tmp/fonts as the font directory
- Your fonts should've ended up in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
- Gnome:Desktop Preferences->Font->Details->Show directory should provide a list of fonts, including the newly installed ones
- Launch Mozilla and set font for Unicode encoding as 'MS Arial Unicode'
- Remove /tmp/fonts
Comments: Post a Comment